My consulting firm, itValue Consulting, will be offering training on IT Governance and CobiT on May 8-10, 2007 in beautiful Estes Park Colorado.
Many companies are beginning to realize the value of having a mature and effective IT governance in place. How valuable is governance? As valuable to the business as the entire outcome of a company's IT strategy. You have heard that life is nothing more the cumulative effect of thousands of small decisions. The same is true with strategy. Strategy comes alive and is executed through thousands of decisions made by hundreds or thousands of employees, contractors, and outsourcing employees. Only an effective governance assures that those decisions will actually advance or sustain the strategy. So how important is IT governance? As important as IT's value proposition.
This workshop combines the sharing and gaining of knowledge with consulting to actually apply the concepts right there and then to real life scenarios brought in by the attendees. At the end of itValue Consulting’s 3-day IT governance implementation training, participants will be able to:
- Fully understand the business value of a mature and effective IT governance.
- Assess the maturity of their organization’s IT governance and the capabilities needed to implement and execute an effective governance.
- Use the Decisions@Core framework to guide IT governance implementation.
- Better understand processes and controls of CobiT and its practical use in governance implementation.
- Use a tool to assess and prioritize barriers to governance implementation.
- Develop a high level governance implementation plan, including an organizational change management plan, targeted specifically to their organization.
The location, Peaceful Valley Ranch, is great because it combines the inspiring scenery of the Rocky Mountains, the fantastic food and hospitality of the staff, and state of the art learning facilities.